Best Practices for Drafting Commercial Leases at Mixed-Use Properties
1.5 NY CLE Credits: 1.5 Skills
Member: $50 | Non-member: $75
Program Co-sponsor: Vendome Real Estate Media
Faculty: Craig A. Kraus, Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C.
Moderator: Heather Stone, Executive Editor, Vendome Real Estate Media
Learn tips and techniques for drafting clauses in commercial leases at mixed-use properties with the aim of minimizing any negative impact on the residential tenants from the use of the commercial space, which could result in liability for the landlord. Some of the issues covered will be:
• The “Permissible Use” clause and retaining control over the type of business
• Assignment and sublet provisions
• Signage provisions
• Structuring the commercial tenant’s operating obligations in order to minimize disturbances
• Maintaining the sidewalks
• Tenant’s permissible alterations and the impact on residential tenants
• Scaffolding issues
• Remedies available to the residential tenants resulting from improper use of the commercial space
• Indemnification clauses and paying damages
Original Tape Date: July 19, 2017
All Programs include: 1 Affirmation and 1 Evaluation Form and Course Materials.
To receive CLE credit for program in Online Video Format:
Online Videos are embedded with CLE codes that you must type into a supplied online affirmation sheet. Submit the online affirmation to the NYCLA CLE Institute to be issued a CLE certificate. We recommend that you watch the video as soon as possible.
We can only issue CLE credit if the law is still current.
Course Materials: The link to download course materials will be listed on the Online Video webpage.
Discounted member price:
You could save: