Our panelists will discuss common pitfalls they’ve encountered in commercial leases. They’ll give tips and techniques for negotiating and drafting airtight lease clauses for these potentially problematic issues:
- Restoration obligations at the end of the lease term
- Termination of the lease following a casualty
- Subordination and Non-Disturbance agreements
- Tenant’s insurance requirements
- Indemnification liability
- Restrictions on subletting
- Operating expense caps – cumulative vs. non-cumulative
- Relocation rights
- Dealing with operational issues in the building
Program Co-sponsor: Vendome Real Estate Media
Faculty: Robert P. Reichman and Jonathan B. Weiss, Wilk Auslander
Robert P. Reichman is Co-Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group at Wilk Auslander. He has more than 25 years of experience as a real estate lawyer representing tenants and landlords in the leasing of office, retail, and industrial properties, as well as acquisitions, divestitures, and financing of office buildings and shopping centers. He also serves on the board of advisors of Commercial Lease Law Insider.
Jonathan Weiss is a Partner at Wilk Auslander. He represents large global companies in leasing, subleasing, development, acquisition, disposition, and financing of office space throughout the U.S. and internationally. He has developed comprehensive approaches to real estate portfolio management, including implementing standard form leases, subleases, letters of intent, and requests for proposals.