During tax season it becomes more important than ever to understand the ramifications of tax audits. Learn from a tax negotiation specialist how to avoid, defend, and reopen a previously closed tax audit, Topics to be covered include:
- The Initial Tax Audit Letter and its significance
- How to Respond, including feeling out the tax agent, asking for a tax case transfer etc.
- How to Defend the tax examination
- The benefits of reopening a previously closed tax audit
- How to work the process of a tax audit re-consideration request
- Review of IRS Tax Cases
Eric J. Engelhardt, CPA, CFP® has been advising clients for over 30 years in the areas of Taxation, Business and Financial Management. Over the years, Eric has developed a specialty in negotiating extremely successful Tax Case Settlements against the IRS and States. He is a member in good standing of the NYS Society of CPAs since 1979, a Certified Financial Planner Practitioner CFP® – member of the CFP Board of Standards and member of the National Association of Tax Professionals. Effective June 2011, Eric has joined “Relations With IRS” Committee with New York State Society of CPAs.