POSTPONED UNTIL JANUARY 2024
NYC enacted Local Law (LL 97) in 2019 as a part of the Climate Mobilization Act. It is NYC’s goal to implement and achieve a carbon net zero environment by 2050.
LL 97 sets forth carbon emissions limits for NYC buildings which are covered by the statute. Mandatory compliance commences January 2024.
Our panelists will discuss:
- the basics of LL 97; which buildings must comply with;
- how to comply to get your building to meet carbon emissions limits;
- what buildings are waived;
- penalties and fines assessed against non compliance;
- .. as well as answer questions from the audience
Program Co-sponsor: NYCLA’s Real Property Law Section
Moderator: Margaret Ling, Esq., NYS Agency Underwriting Counsel, Amtrust Title Insurance Company
Faculty: Frank Pizzuro, AIA, Frank Pizzuro Architecture and Interiors; Jacqueline N. Roman, Esq., Goldberg Segalla; Sarah Fiona Phillips, Esq., Partner, Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel