This program will present a roundtable discussion among judges and attorneys specialized in employment law regarding the development of New York appellate law on the enforceability of noncompetition and confidentiality covenants and state and national trends on these covenants’ enforceability.
One objective will be toward formulating consistency, which currently is lacking, in the current judicially created restrictions on noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and confidentiality agreements and in the restrictions’ application.
- What are the most essential restrictions?
- What statutory restrictions have been enacted in other jurisdictions and introduced in New York?
- If restrictions are to be enacted in New York, what are the most essential?
- Where do employers need most guidance?
- What restrictions will be most accepted by employers?
- What do employees need most?
Program Co-Sponsor: NYCLA’s Judicial Section
Moderator: Hon. Lucy Billings, NYS Sup. Ct.
Faculty: Hon. Salliann Scarpulla, NYS Sup. Ct., Commercial Division; Tracee Davis, Zeichner Ellman & Krause LLP; Rosalind Fink, Brill & Meisel; Kevin Schlosser, Meyer, Suozzi English and Klein, P.C.