Cases involving automobiles are some of the most common types of actions that are brought. Yet, knowing what steps to take when bringing such an action, or defending one are of critical importance.
Our expert panel will discuss many of the key considerations for both plaintiff’s and defense counsel, including, butt not limited to:
- Evaluating the case and gathering evidence
- Accident reconstruction
- Understanding when theories of fault and no-fault apply
- Insurance considerations
- Parties: multi-party actions, status of parties, etc.
- Litigation strategies and techniques
- Alternatives to litigation
- and more
Program Co-sponsor: NYCLA’s Tort Law Committee
Program Co-chairs: Joshua Kelner and Alice Charles, Co-chairs, NYCLA’s Tort Committee
Faculty: Joshua Kelner, Kelner and Kelner; Emil Samuels, Kelner and Kelner; Kimberly Schirripa, Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer; Timothy Staines, New York City Law Department