Join NYCLA’s Civil Court Committee for a lively panel discussion by civil and criminal practitioners concerning legal issues arising from the use of drones, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), including drone use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NYPD drone policy and outreach to the public
- Issues relating to Drones that are specific to NYC, as opposed to less congested areas; impact of FAA regulations on recreational and commercial drones in NYC
- Preemption issues relating to enforcement of NYC regulations over UAV in NYC
- Pending and future FAA rules
- operations over people, contemplated future uses such as flying taxis, package delivery services, etc.
- Public safety issues and law enforcement operations
- How Drones have been helpful to first responders during the pandemic
- Global perspectives
Program Co-sponsor: NYCLA’s Civil Court Practice Section
Program Chair and Moderator: Hon. James G. Clynes, Criminal Court, NY County Faculty: Robert Barrows, NYPD, Director of Legal Operations and Projects; Michael G. Davies, Dunning Rievman & Davies; Jeff Ellis, Clyde & Co.; Dean E. Griffith, Jones Day; Craig Handler, Twomey Latham; Melissa Turcios, DLA Piper