It seems like every day there is another news story discussing the latest hack or cyber breach. Indeed, attorneys, firms, government agencies and even bar associations have recently been in the news after becoming the targets of cyber breaches. While not as newsworthy, even small firms and sole practitioners have become attractive targets for cyber criminals.
Not only do attorneys have an ethical obligation to keep up with the latest developments in the law, but they also need to be aware of the changing technological landscape in order to remain “competent,” and take all reasonable measures to safeguard client information, firm data and their employees.
Join cybersecurity expert Carl de Prado as he discusses:
- Ethical Obligations of attorneys and forms
- Why attorneys are targeted
- Avoiding popular scams
- Cyber Insurance and what ir really covers
- Ransomware and Backup
- Creating a culture of digital security and privacy
- Protecting the home office
- Best practices for Good Cyber Hygiene
- … and MORE!!
Carl de Prado, A2Z Business IT
Moderator: Bari Chase, Esq., Director, NYCLA CLE Institute and Programs