Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law reequires that persons wishing to serve as Court Evaluators or Certified Guardians receive training approved by the Office of Court Administration (OCA).
This approved training program covers all the topics required by OCA.
Some of the issues to be discussed by our expert faculty include:
- Overview and Concepts of Article 81
- Duties, Responsibilities and Ethics of the Guardian of the Person and Property
- Counsel to the Alleged Incapacitated Person
- Part 36 Rules of the Chief Judge
- The Court Evaluator: Duties, Responsibilities and Ethics
- A View from the Bench
- Forensic Accounting and Recovering Misappropriated Funds
- Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements: The Role of the Court Examiner
- Final Accountings from a Surrogate’s Court Practitioner’s Perspective
Program Chair: Clifford A. Meirowitz, Law Offices of Clifford A. Meirowitz, PLLC
Faculty: Alison Arden Besunder, Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP; Laura M. Brancato, Meltzer, Lippe, Goldstein & Breitstone, LLP; Steven R. Finkelstein, Finkelstein & Virga, PC; Meredith R. Jones, NYS Office of Court Administration, Special Counsel for Surrogate & Fiduciary Matters; Linda Redlisky, Rafferty & Redlisky;Frank Santoro, Farrell Fritz, PC; Hon. Lisa A. Sakaloff, New York County Supreme Court; Wendy Scheinberg, Rivkin Radler; Tzipora Zelmanowitz, Greenfield Stein & Senior, LLP