How to Receive Committee Emails
On this page:
• Can-Spam Compliance
• Gmail Setup Instructions
• Outlook Setup Instructions
NYCLA COMMITTEE COMMUNITIES ARE CAN-SPAM COMPLIANT
If you have joined a committee, when you login to the NYCLA website and click on your profile (your name at the top of the screen) you will see that committee’s community is accessible to you. In order to receive email notifications of meetings, activities, documents posted, discussions, etc., you need to click “FOLLOW” for that community. If you prefer not to receive emails, you can visit your committee’s community page as all the information will be stored there.
There have been some changes to our committee communications, and that is to keep our system CAN-SPAM complaint. Some of these changes include:
1. You need to OPT IN to your community’s committee email system by FOLLOWING that community. We will process your request to join a committee and you will receive confirmation instructing you to visit your committee’s community page and select “FOLLOW”.
2. Attachments are stored on our web server instead of emailed to each recipient. In many companies, emails with attachments are embargoed because of the risk of malware and viruses that can accompany those attachments. It is not good practice to send bulk emails with attachments. Our new system will house these attachments indefinitely, so you never have to worry about missing an email with an important attachment. You can access all attachments at any time right on your community page as it will retain a full history of announcements and attachments.
3. To view or download an attachment, simply click on the link above the message. You will be directed to login to the NYCLA website to retrieve your message. The login process makes sure that only committee members have access to your committee’s information and provides a secured session.
To ensure that you receive NYCLA committee emails, please follow the provided instructions on approving senders for GMAIL and OUTLOOK below.
Approving NYCLA as an E-mail Sender in GMAIL
Approving NYCLA as an E-mail Sender in OUTLOOK
1. On the Home tab, click Junk, and then click Junk E-Mail Options
2. On the Safe Senders tab, click ADD, and type in firstname.lastname@example.org