Program Chair: Clifford A. Meirowitz, Law Offices of Clifford A. Meirowitz, PLLC;
Faculty: Charles Barbuti, Law Office of Charles M. Barbuti, PC; Alison Arden Besunder, Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP; Laura M. Brancato, Meltzer, Lippe, Goldstein & Breitstone, LLP; Steven R. Finkelstein, Finkelstein & Virga, PC; Meredith R. Jones, NYS Office of Court Administration, Special Counsel for Surrogate & Fiduciary Matters; Frank Santoro, Farrell Fritz, PC; Hon. Lisa A. Sokoloff, NY County Supreme Court; Wendy H. Sheinberg, Rivkin & Radler, LLP; Tzipora Zeimanowitz, Greenfield Stein & Senior, LLP
Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law requires that persons wishing to serve as Court Evaluators or Certified Guardians receive training approved by the Office of Court Administration (OCA). This approved training program covers all the topics required by OCA.
Some of the issues discussed include:
- Duties, Responsibilities & Ethics of the Guardian of the Person and Property
- Overview & Concepts of Article 81
- The Court Evaluator: Duties, Responsibilities & Ethics
- Part 36 Rules of the Chief Judge
- Identifying and Addressing Abusive, Exploitative and Criminal Behavior Against Seniors through Guardianship
- Forensic Accounting & Recovering Misappropriated Funds
- View From the Bench
- Final Accounting From a Surrogate’s Court Practitioner’s Perspective
- Record Keeping & Reporting Requirements: The Role of the Court Examiner
Non-Profit/Public Sector: $50.00
You must be signed in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create it for free.
For technical and account related issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After completing the checkout, you will receive a separate email with webinar access instructions. That email will arrive closer to the program start time. If you do not receive access email 1 hour prior to the program, please email email@example.com. We may not be able to accommodate requests sent later than 30 minutes before the start of the program.