Program Chair: Clifford A. Meirowitz, Law Offices of Clifford A. Meirowitz, PLLC;
Faculty: Charles Barbuti, Law Office of Charles M. Barbuti, PC; Leona Beane, Law Offices of Leona Beane; Steven R. Finkelstein, Finkelstein & Virga, PC; Michele Lippa Gartner, NYS Office of Court Administration, Special Counsel for Surrogate & Fiduciary Matters; Alfreida B. Kenny, Law Offices of Alfreida B. Kenny; Tammy Lawlor, Miller & Milone; Hon. Mary Rosado, New York County Supreme Court; Frank Santoro, Farrell Fritz, PC; Wendy H. Sheinberg, Rivkin & Radler, LLP
Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law requires that persons wishing to serve as Court Evaluators or Certified Guardians receive training approved by the Office of Court Administration (OCA). This approved training program covers all the topics required by OCA.
Some of the issues discussed include:
- Duties, Responsibilities & Ethics of the Guardian of the Person and Property
- Overview & Concepts of Article 81 and Comparison with Guardians Pursuant to SCPA Article 17 and 17A
- The Court Evaluator: Duties, Responsibilities & Ethics
- Final Accountings from a Surrogate’s Court Practitioner’s Perspective
- Part 36 Rules of the Chief Judge
- Identifying and Addressing Abusive, Exploitative and Criminal Behavior Against Seniors through Guardianship
- Forensic Accounting & Recovering Misappropriated Funds
- View From the Bench
- Record Keeping & Reporting Requirements
Non-Profit/Public Sector: $50.00
You must be signed in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create it for free.
For technical and account related issues, please contact us at email@example.com
After completing the checkout, you will receive a separate email with webinar access instructions. That email will arrive closer to the program start time. If you do not receive access email 1 hour prior to the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to accommodate requests sent later than 30 minutes before the start of the program.