Program Chair: Brian D. Graifman, Counsel, Supreme Ct. Division, Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C.
Faculty: Timothy K. Beeken, Counsel and Managing Attorney,Debevoise & Plimpton; Jeffrey Carucci, Statewide Coordinator for Electronic Filing of the Unified Court System of the State of New York; Christopher Gibson, Deputy Statewide Coordinator for Electronic Filing; Hon. Barbara Jaffe, Sup. Ct., NY County; Margaret Malloy, Chief Counsel to the Office of Pro Se Litigation, SDNY
Hear from the experts what you need to know about creating, filing and presenting your litigation product. Topics include:
- Sanctions judges have imposed for poorly formatted, constructed, compiled, or bound submissions;
- Reasons to convert-to-PDF, rather than print-to-PDF, better than scan-to-PDF;
- Hidden properties in word documents that transfer over to the ECF/NYSCEF filed PDF documents, including author and file name (so don't name it in word "document stupid judge made me file" -- or do consider checking adversary's);
- PDF bookmarking, and new possibilities of filing combined document with exhibits bookmarked;
- Levels of DPI (dots per inch) resolution to have high quality product & meet minimum standards for efiling, including compensating for degradation caused by OCR (text readable) conversion;
- Techniques for re-posting prior efiled documents without obscuring filing header with multiple superimposed headers;
- PDF text highlighting that refuses to print the highlighting & how to overcome;
- Problematic decapitating of top NYSCEF headers when printing "actual size" versus "fit";
- Work-around for documents resistant to PDF/A conversion;
- Editing text in PDFs (helpful for last-minute corrections);
And MORE. Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the experts and address any issues they may have.?
You must be signed in to register and see the pricing options. If you do not have an account, you can create it for free.
Click here to download PDF form for mail registration (no fax)