Program: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Buffet Dinner/Networking Reception 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Program Co-Sponsor Defense Association of New York, Inc. (DANY)
Moderator: Anthony D. Martine, McMahon, Martine & Gallagher LLP
Faculty: Hon. Eileen Rakower, NYS Supreme Court; Claire Rush, Rush & Sabbatino, PLLC; Andrew Smiley, Smiley & Smiley, LLP; Jeffrey Van Etten, Perry. Van Etten Rozanski & Primavera LLP; Wayne A.J. Wattley and Sherri E. Holland, Burns & Harris.
Our distinguished panel of trial attorneys, joined by Hon. Eileen Rakower, will discuss - and demonstrate - trial skills and successful techniques for dealing with witnesses. Topics include:
- Basics for examining and cross-examining a witness, with common objections (e.g., improper questions, unauthenticated real evidence)
- Demonstration: direct examination and cross examination of a personal injury plaintiff, as to liability and damages (e.g., in a premises trip and fall accident)
- Demonstration: direct examination and cross examination of a personal injury defendant (e.g., a driver in an auto case, construction site accident superintendent or property manager)
- Attempts to exclude witnesses, especially expert witnesses, and common challenges to expert opinion and testimony
* A Buffet Dinner and networking reception will take place immediately following the program
You must be signed in to register and see the pricing options. If you do not have an account, you can create it for free.
Click here to download PDF form for mail registration