Faculty: Joseph Novello, CPA, MBA, The Financial Training Organization
Moderator: Bari Chase, Esq., Director, NYCLA CLE Institute and Programs
Learn the key financial concepts that all lawyers need to know to make dealing with your clients' financial matters more manageable and ethical. Then understand professional responsibility and using technology during COVID-19.
Topics to be discussed include:
Introduction to Finance for Lawyers
- Foundations of Modern Accounting and the Basic Equation of Finance;Financial Statements
- Accounting Methodologies and Principles: Accrual vs Cash Basis
- Who in Financial Reporting: Government and non-government regulators
- Private Company Accounting
- Key Numbers and Ratios
- Present Value Concepts and Business Valuations
- The Lawyer’s Role in Financial Audits: Ethical Considerations
- Basic Concepts of Financial Investment
- Financial Fraud Schemes: Ethical Responsibilities
- Lawyers and Accountants: An Interdisciplinary Dialog of Ethical Considerations
You must be signed in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create it for free.
For technical and account related issues, please contact us at email@example.com
After completing the checkout, you will receive a separate email with webinar access instructions. That email will arrive closer to the program start time. If you do not receive access email 1 hour prior to the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to accommodate requests sent later than 30 minutes before the start of the program.