Member: $255 Non-member: $355
*This program will satisfy the first or second year MCLE requirements for newly admitted attorneys in NY
Program Chair: Robert Kelner, Kelner & Kelner
Faculty: Clifford Aaron, London Fischer LLP; Caroline Antonacci, JAMS; Hon. Richard Braun, Sup. Ct., NY County; Robert J. Conway, Marshall Conway & Bradley, P.C.; Tracee E. Davis, Zeichner Ellman & Krause LLP; Allan Hausknecht MD; Hon. Barbara Jaffe, Sup. Ct., NY County; David Jaroslawicz, Jaroslawicz & Jaros; Joshua Kelner, Kelner & Kelner; Robert Kelner, Kelner & Kelner; Hon. Douglas McKeon, Sup. Ct., Bronx County; Hon. Kelly O'Neill Levy, Sup. Ct., NY County; Timothy Nolen, Tesser Ryan & Rochman LLP; Jay Safer, Wollmuth Maher & Deutsch LLP; Hon. Saliann Scarpulla, Sup. Ct., NY County, Commercial Division; Lawrence Shields, MD; Hon. Ellen Spodek, Sup. Ct., Kings County; Lewis Tesser, Tesser, Ryan & Rochman LLP; Dorothy Weber, Shukat Arrow Hafer Weber & Herbsman, LLP
Program Chair Robert Kelner, Kelner & Kelner, has brought together an extraordinary faculty of judges, experienced litigators, mediators and medical experts for the 40th Annual Civil Trial Practice Institute.
The INTERACTIVE program will take attendees through the entire state civil trial process. You will learn ways to develop and improve trial preparation and litigation techniques within the context of personal injury and commercial cases. This will also as an excellent refresher for more experienced practitioners.
AGENDA: Preparing for Trial -- DAY 1
- Civil Pre-Trial Practice: Commercial Litigation & Personal Injury Litigation
- Preparation of Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Conference and Settlement and Mediation in Commercial and Personal Injury Cases
- Courtroom Techniques: Dealing with Expert Testimony and Hearsay
- Courtroom Techniques: Dealing with Witnesses
AGENDA: The Trial – Day 2
- Ethics and Civility in Litigation Practice
- Voir Dire: Discussion, Selecting Diverse Juries, Professionalism
- How to Conduct a Voir Dire: Interactive Demonstration
- Direct and Cross Examination of Lay and Expert Witnesses
- Demonstration: Direct and Cross Examination of Expert Witnesses
- Preparation of Summations
You must be signed in to register and see the pricing options. If you do not have an account, you can create it for free.