Program Co-sponsor: Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP)
Join CHIP for an informative program about the Section 8, Housing Choice Voucher program, Topics to be discussed include:
1. Lease Up Procedures for New Voucher Holders
- documentation, inspection, determination of tenant share/NYCHA share, timing of each step
- what documentation will tenant have? what does NYCHA need from owner?
2. Lease Renewal Procedures
- process and timelines
- 60 day rule and what to do if lease was offered timely but a delay in returning by tenant? Is proof of timely offering lease renewal sufficient to meet 60 day rule?
- rent reasonableness process, explanation as to why submitted comparables aren’t used; can comparables be submitted by mail?
3. Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections
- difference between lease up and annual inspection
- how to address conditions, delays getting access and avoiding suspension/termination, required documentation, etc.
NYLCA Member: $75
Non-Member Attorney: $100
CHIP Member Attorney: $75
Non-Attorney (no CLE): $35
You must be signed in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one for free.
Click here to download PDF form for mail registration (no fax)