NYCLA has been engaged in Joint Membership Programs with Minority Bar Associations since 1992. These partnerships represent one of the finest traditions of NYCLA, which, from its beginning, has stood out as an association open to all lawyers at a time when other associations were not. Encouraging diversity in our Association remains very much in keeping with the spirit of NYCLA.
• Asian American Bar Association of NY (AABANY)
• Korean-American Lawyers’ Association of Greater NY (KALAGNY)
• Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Law Association of New York (LeGaL)
• Metropolitan Black Bar Association (MBBA)
• Indo American Lawyers' Association (IALA)
• Puerto Rican Bar Association (PRBA)
• South Asian Bar Association of NY (SABANY)
NYCLA also has an exchange of membership privileges with the Quebec (Canada) Bar Association, the Kent Law Society and Lille Bar Association, Lille, France.
Dues: As a member of a participating association you are entitled to a 50% dues reduction on your first year’s NYCLA dues, and 25% your second year.
Eligibility: Active, dues-paying members of participating associations; who are either new NYCLA members or have not been a member of NYCLA in the last five years