Location: 2nd Floor Auditorium
Course ID: C0510172013
Credits: 16 NJ Credits: 3 Ethics; 13 General
16 NY Credits: 3 Ethics; 7 PP/LPM; 6 Skills; Transitional and Non-transitional
This program will satisfy the first or second year MCLE requirements for newly admitted attorneys.
It also serves as a good refresher for more experienced attorneys seeking to update their skills, learn about new developments in the law, or as an introductory program for attorneys seeking to learn about a new practice area.
AGENDA -- May 10
- Using the Benefits of Bar Membership in Your Practice
- Overview of Deposition Practice
- Protecting Legal Fees
- Overview of e-Discovery
- How to Get Out of a NYC Jail
AGENDA -- May 17
- Overview of Employment Law
- Starting and Maintaining Your Practice: Recordkeeping, Malpractice, Insurance and Ethics
- How to Conduct Legal Research on the Internet
- Overview of Trusts and Estate Practice
Faculty: Norman Arnoff, Esq.; Dana Burr, NYCLA Membership Department;Natalie Feher and Dino Medina, Complete Discovery Source (CDS); Danielle Greene, Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C.: Daniel Jordan, NYCLA Director of Library Services; Alan E. Kahn, Esq., CPA; Ronald Katter, The Law Offices of Ronald Katter; Steven S. Landis, Steven S Landis, P.C.; Paul Petrus, Jr., The Law Offices of Paul D. Petrus, Jr. & Associates; Ronnie Powell, Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C.