Time: 6 p.m.
Room: 2nd Floor Auditorium
Join NYCLA as it presents its Public Service Awards to honor lawyers in the public sector who have distinguished themselves as role models, innovators, and problem solvers of complex legal issues. This event is FREE and open to all attorneys in the Public Sector and to all NYCLA members.
Special remarks will be given by Zachary W. Carter, Corporation Counsel of the City of New York
Since 1990, the Public Service Awards have recognized the efforts of lawyers who dedicate themselves to public service, but whose achievements are not often publicly acknowledged.
2014 award recipients:
• Arlo Devlin-Brown, Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York
• Catherine M. Mirabile, Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York
• Rachel Tiven, Executive Director, Immigrant Justice Corps
• Liliana Vaamonde, Director of Training for the Civil Practice, The Legal Aid Society
• Mark Zeno, Assistant Attorney-in-Charge, Center for Appellate Litigation
Public Service Fellowship Essay Contest
Are you a newly admitted public sector attorney carrying more than $30,000 in education debt? Enter the Criminal Justice Section’s Essay Contest for a chance to win a stipend of at least $2,000 to alleviate debt. Prosecutors or institutional defense attorneys working in New York City in the field of criminal justice and practicing up to seven years are eligible. Learn more!
*Open to Newly Admitted Public Sector Attorneys with Educational Debt--Essays due August 22th!