Location: 2nd Floor Auditorium
Course ID: C061614
Credits: 3 NY Credits: 1 General; 2 General
3 NY Credits: 1 ethics; 1 Skills; 1 PP; Transitional and Non-transitional
A panel of experts explores the latest issues involved in federal court practice, along with commentary byJudge Lorna Schofield, who provides her insights into the issues being discussed with a “View from the Bench” after each topic is introduced and discussed.
The first part of the program concentrates on “the Trial."
Agenda -- Day 1, June 16
- Commencing an Action in Federal Court
- Responding to a Complaint in Federal Court
- Seeking and Opposing Summary Judgment
- Trial of a Civil Case in Federal Court
- Overview of Post-Trial Procedure: Post-Trial Motions, Commencing and Appeal, enforcement of Judgments
Judicial Chair: Hon. Lorna Schofield, SDNY
Program Chair: Joel Silverstein, Stern & Kilcullen
Program Co-sponsor: NYCLA’s Federal Courts Committee
Faculty: Stewart Aaron, Arnold & Porter LLP; LLP; Vincent Chang, Wollmuth Maher & Deutsch LLP; Paul Hanly,Jr., Hanly Conroy Bierstein Sheridan Fisher & Hayes LLP; Steven Hoffman, Wilk Auslander; Richard Williamson, Flemming Zulack Williamson Zauderer LLP