Course begins Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Registration for this course is now closed.
Sector/Non-profit attorneys*may attend for $50. Register above as "Law Office Staff"
Status will be confirmed at door.
Click Here to download registration form
Location: 2nd Floor Auditorium
Course ID: C052014
Number of Sessions: 2
Credits: 16 NJ Credits: 1 ethics; 15 General
16 NY Credits: 1 Ethics; 9 PP/LPM; 6 Skills; Transitional and Non-transitional;
An expert faculty will discuss how to try an equitable distribution case with a focus on distinguishing between marital property and separate property and the issues involved in tracing assets.
Tuesday, May 20 -- AGENDA
- The Law of Equitable Distribution and the Fact of Our Case
- The Fundamentals of Direct Examination
- The Fundamentals of Cross Examination
- Demonstration of Direct-Examination of Party Witness
- Demonstration of Cross Examination of Party Witness
Wednesday, May 21 -- AGENDA
- Evidentiary Issues Relating to Expert Reports and Testimony
- Electronic Discovery and Retention of Evidence
- The Methodology of Creating the Forensic Report
- Demonstration of Direct Examination of Expert Witness
- Demonstration of Cross Examination of Expert Witness
- Remarks from the Bench
Program Presented By: The New York College of Matrimonial Law Trial Attorneys (www.nytrialcollege.com)
Faculty: Dror Bikel, Bikel & Mandarano, LLP; Hon. Harold B. Beeler (Ret.), Law Office of Harold B. Beeler; Briana Denney, Newman & Denny, P.C.; Hon. Saralee Evans (Ret.), Siegel Teitelbaum & Evans, LLP; Jonathan Gould, Ph.D.;David L. Gresen, CPA/ABV/CFF/CFE, Klien Liebman & Gresen LLP; Steven J. Mandel, The Mandel Law Firm; Frederic P. Schneider, Ballon Stoll Bader & Nadler, P.C.; Sandra L. Schpoont, Schpoont & Cavallo, LLP; Peter Theobald, ACE/AME, TC Forensics; Judith E. White, Garr and White, P.C.; Jamie L. Weiss, Teitler & Teitler, LLP; Elliot J. Wiener, Phillips Nizer, LLP