Location: 2nd Floor Auditorium
Course ID: C06112013
Number of Sessions: 1
Credits: 8 NJ Credits: 1 Ethics; 7 General
8 NY Credits: 1 Ethics; 4 Skills; 3 PP/LPM; Transitional and Non-transitional
Back by popular demand -- but with new topics and faculty! join Program Chair Robert Haig, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, and an unparalleled faculty from the bench and bar for a full day program exploring how to win commercial cases in New York State Courts.
Topics to be discussed include:
Dispositive Motions: Robert S. Fischler, Ropes & Gray LLP; Thomas J. Hall, Chadbourne & Parke LLP; Thomas J. Kavaler, Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP; Hon. Jeffrey K. Oing, Sup. Ct., NYS; Kevin J. Walsh, Locke Lord LLP
- Document Discovery: James E. Brandt, Latham & Watkins LLP; Stephen Fishbein, Shearman & Sterling LLP; Hon. Barbara R. Kapnick, Sup. Ct., NYS; David J. Lender, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP; Heidi Levine, DLA Piper LLP; Mitchell A. Lowenthal, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Mediation and Arbitration: Michael B. Carlinsky, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP; William A. Escobar, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP; Hon. Helen E. Freedman, App. Div., 1st Dept.; Hon. Bernard J. Fried, JAMS; Louis B. Kimmelman, Allen & Overy LLP; Bradley I. Ruskin, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Ethical Issues in Commercial Cases: Robert J. Anello, Morvillo, Abramowitz, Grand, Iason & Anello P.C.; Charles G. Berry, Arnold & Porter LLP; T. Barry Kingham, Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP; William G. McGuinness, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP; A. Robert Pietrzak, Sidley Austin LLP
- Selection of Experts and Expert Testimony: Hon. Richard T. Andrias, App. Div. 1st Dept.; J. Peter Coll, Jr., Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP; Harvey Kurzweil, Winston & Strawn LLP; Deborah E. Lans, Cohen Clair Lans Greifer & Thorpe LLP; Jeffrey Q. Smith, Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Trials: Garrard R. Beeney, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP; Hon. Shirley Werner Kornreich, Sup. Ct., NYS; Andrew J. Levander, Dechert LLP; William R. Maguire, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP; Gary P. Naftalis, Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP; Michael R. Young, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Appeals to the Appellate Division: Frederick A. Brodie, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP; Jay P. Lefkowitz, Kirkland & Ellis LLP; Hon. Karla Moskowitz, App. Div., 1st Dept.; Mary Kay Vyskocil, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP; Stephen P. Younger, Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler LLP
- The Client’s Expectations, Preferences, and Requirements: John Hartje, Chief Litigation Counsel, NCR Corporation; Todd Kahn, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Coach, Inc.; Michael W. Leahy, Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Head of Litigation, American International Group, Inc.; Michele Coleman Mayes, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, The New York Public Library; Randal Milch, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Verizon Communications Inc.; Elizabeth D. Moore, General Counsel, Consolidated Edison, Inc.
NOTE: Registrants paying full member/non-member fee receive a copy of the critically acclaimed 6-volume Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts, published by NYCLA and Thomson Reuters, and a CD-ROM containing forms and jury instructions – a $660.00 retail value.
Program Chair: Robert Haig, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP