Location: 2nd floor auditorium
Course ID: C01152013C
Number of Sessions: 1
Credits: 8 MCLE Credits
8 MCLE Credits: 1 Ethics; 4 Skills; 3 PP; Transitional and Non-transitional
Gain an understanding of what is involved in appellate practice from experts in the field, including appellate specialists, clerks of the courts and the judges who hear the appeals. An unparalled faculty will not only offer their insights and observations, but will also address questions raised by the audience. Topics to be covered include:
- Raising Issues, Judicial Notice and Harmless Error
- Concepts in Appellate Practice: Beyond the Basics, Traps and Minefields
- Motion Practice in the Appellate Division: How to enhance the Chances for a Stay Pending Appeal
- Practice in the First Department -- A Clerk's View
- Practice in the Second Department -- A Clerk's View
- A View From Beyond the Bench -- NYS Court of Appeals
- Practice Before the NYS Court of Appeals
- Perspectives From the Bench -- Appellate Division, 1st and 2nd Departments
This is one program that should not be missed!
Program Chair and Faculty: Elliott Scheinberg, Esq.
Program Sponsor: AppealTech, Your Appellate Partner
Faculty: Aprilanne Agostino, Clerk of the Court, Appellate Division, 2nd Dept.; William Buckley, Garbarini & Scher, P.C.; Stuart M. Cohen, Esq., former Clerk of the Court, NYS Ct. of Appeals; Hon. Mark Dillon, Appellate Division, 2nd Dept.; Norman Olch, Esq.; Hon. Eugene Pigott, Jr., NYS Court of Appeals; Susanna Molina Rojas, Clerk of the Court, Appellate Division, 1st Dept.; Hon. David Saxe, Appellate Division, 1st Dept.
Program Sponsored by: