The New York County Lawyers' Association's landmark building was designed by the internationally renowned architect, Cass Gilbert, and dedicated as the "Home of Law" in 1930.
Extensive renovation and redecoration, as well as the installation of a new air conditioning and heating system in 1990, have made the site a practical and comfortable meeting facility without sacrificing the splendor of the original Georgian architecture. From the moment they enter the marble lobby with its 18-foot ceilings and glowing chandeliers, your clients and colleagues will experience the great tradition of elegance provided by the New York County Lawyers' Association's Home of Law.
On the second floor, the magnificent Auditorium, also known as Andrew Hamilton Hall, is modeled after Independence Hall in Philadelphia. The spacious Lounge, in the Georgian style with its high ceilings and paneled walls, is located directly across from the Auditorium. Separating the two is an attractive foyer of rare marble and stately columns. The second floor provides a special setting for public forums, press conferences and receptions.
The fourth floor conference center features a lovely board room and meeting rooms where groups hold discussions and attorneys conduct client conferences, depositions, arbitrations and mediations.
The Association’s conference rooms, available for rent at rates significantly less than similar rooms in a hotel, provide a prestigious old world charm not found in many meeting locations.
Andrew Hamilton Hall: the magnificent NYCLA Auditorium, which seats up to 200 people, is a replica of Independence Hall in Philadelphia and is an impressive site for a seminar, public forum or reception.
The Lounge: our spacious Lounge, with its high ceilings, paneled walls and floor-to-ceiling view of St. Paul's Chapel, accommodates up to 70 people and is a perfect setting for a reception or firm event.
The Board Room: a study in elegance, seating up to 40. It is an ideal spot for seminars, meetings or receptions; its fireplace and chandeliers add prestige to any gathering.
Meeting Rooms: *NYCLA has several other meeting rooms, which accommodate seating from 10-35, in its fourth floor conference center. Smaller rooms may be rented for client conferences, depositions, arbitrations, mediations and meetings. Equipment and services are available for an additional charge.
- Meeting Rooms 2 & 4 (Capacity 10-14)
- Meeting Rooms 5 & 6 (Capacity 20-25)
- Board Room (Capacity 35-40)
- Auditorium (Capacity 70-200)
- Lounge (Capacity 50-70)
* Room capacity varies with seating arrangement desired.
Equipment and Services The Association has the following equipment and services available for meeting use. Equipment must be reserved at the time of the reservation to be certain of its availability and incurs an additional charge.
- Photocopying service
- Faxing service
Room Rental Information
NYCLA’s facilities and services are available weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Conference Rooms are rented in four-hour sessions, which include set-up time and breakdown.
- Weekend rentals can be arranged at higher rates.
- Conference Room rentals require a Certificate of Insurance and Security deposit for confirmation.
- Deposit and Cancellation Policy - NYCLA requires a 50 percent deposit based on the total price of rental. Security deposits must be paid in full upon signing and returning NYCLA's rental agreement. No refund will be paid for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the event.
For more information, call Grace Ewing at 212-267-6646, ext. 228.